|Childhood and Education |
| Born on 1st March, 1967 in a farmer’s family at village Patyora (Malihatala), District Hamirpur, Uttar Pradesh (UP).Due to social and spiritual nature since childhood, only at the age of 14, she went to the ashram of Bramhalin Pujya Gurudev Swami Achyutanand ji Maharaj and got initiated and propagated religion in the country under Pujya Yugpurush Mahamandaleshwar Swami Parmanand Giri Ji Maharaj. After becoming a Sannyasin, while following path of her spiritual journey she got formal education upto 12th standard and became active in social life. |
|Social and Spiritual Life |
- After coming in contact with the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) in 1987, she actively participated in Shri Ram Janam Bhoomi Movement and travelled all over the country and spread awareness.
- Traveled all over India to promote material and spiritual education among Vanvasi (Tribal) and the destitute people under the aegis of Ekal Vidyalaya (One Teacher School) and Shreehari Satsanga Samiti.
- She was actively involved as Patron of Uttar Pradesh Durgavahini, as Central Office Bearer of Sadhvi Shakti Parishad, and as a Member of the Kendriya Margdarshak (Central Board of Directors) of the Vishva Hindu Parishad.
|Political life |
- In 1990, actively involved in the Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) campaign.
- In 2002, for the first time, she contested from the Hamirpur (UP) Legislative Assembly constituency as BJP candidate.
- In 2003, she became Vice President of Social Welfare Cell of Uttar Pradesh BJP and a Special Invitee Member of the State Working Committee.
- In 2007, she again contested from the Hamirpur (UP) Legislative Assembly as a BJP candidate.
- In 2008, she became a Member of BJP National Executive. Presently, she is a Special Invitee.
- She was Secretary of Uttar Pradesh Bharatiya Janata Party from 2010 to 2012.
- In 2012, for the third consecutive term, she contested from Hamirpur (UP) Legislative Assembly constituency as a BJP candidate and became MLA by winning the election by record votes.
- From 2012 to 2013, she was a Member of Women and Child Development Standing Committee of UP.
- She was a Member of the Estimate Committee of UP from 2013 to 2014.
- while discharging the responsibilities of Uttar Pradesh BJP Vice President from 2012, she contested from Fatehpur (Uttar Pradesh) Lok Sabha seat as a BJP candidate and won by record votes. She was also a member of Social Welfare Committee.
- Since November 9, 2014, she is the Minister of State for Food Processing Industries in the Government of India.
|Areas of Interest |
- Gau Seva.
- Provide education to children of economically weaker families.
- Provide help for marriage of daughters of economically weaker families.
|Languages Known: |
|Hindi and Sanskrit |