||Shri Satyajit Singh Majithia
||Smt. Sukhmanjus Majithia
|Date of Birth:
||25th July 1966
|Date of Marriage:
||21st November 1991
||Shri Sukhbir Singh Badal
||Three (Daughters: 2 Sons: 1)
||Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD)
||Vill. Badal, P.O. Badal, Distt. Muktsar, Punjab
Tel.Nos. (01637) 244672, (01637) 244673.
||12, Safdarjung Road, New Delhi - 110 001
Tel. Nos. (011) 23013562, 23010829
||Graduate Textile Designing
- Elected to 15th Lok Sabha = 2009
- Member, Committee on Estimates = 6 Aug. 2009
- Member, Committee on Social Justice and Empowerment = 31 Aug. 2009
- Member, Committee on Estimates = 5 May 2010
- Member, Standing Committee on Food & Public Distribution = 5 May 2010
|Social and Cultural Activities, Literacy, Artistic and Scientific Accomplishments and other Special Interests:
- Has started a project named "Nanhi Chhaan", a movement to save girl child and trees. An initiative to fight against female foeticide and to empower women in rural areas.
- This initiative has now an active presence in schools, colleges, gurudwaras, temples, churches, panchayats and various municipal centres. Nanhi Chhaan assists in setting up self-help groups (SHGs) for women across the state that in turn spread awareness not only about female foeticide but also about other issues such as dealing with cancer, agriculture, farmer's issues, environmental issues and the ever depleting forest cover. The SHGs also help the women collectively set up small businesses and manage their savings in a more efficient manner.
- Nanhi Chhaan initiative has opened 75 Silaai Centres (stitching centres) at villages, where training is provided to more than 1900 girls in stitching clothes, weaving durries (traditional Punjabi mats) and phulkari (a traditional embroidery technique of Punjab used to decorate shawls and scarves).
- Jewellery Designing and Textile Designing
- UK, US, UAE
- Other Information:
- Launched an NGO “Nanhi Chhaan” in the year 2008 in Amritsar with the aim to save the Girl Child & to save the environment and to encourage people to plant trees and to refrain from female foeticide.
- Successfully built this NGO into a mass movement to awaken the conscience of masses. Millions of trees have been planted as a symbol of saving the girl child and protecting the environment.
- Also launched an initiative "SAANJH" under which hundreds of textiles training centres were opened and thousands of girls from rural Punjab are trained every year and are imparted training in traditional embroidery art 'Phulkari' and 'Durry' making and re made financially independent.