Excise Duty Rates: -
· Excise duty on condensed milk, ice cream, preparations of meat, fish and poultry, pectins and Pectates, used as a gelling agent in jams and jellies, pasta and yeast is abolished which was 16% earlier.
· Excise Duty on biscuits whose retail sale price does not exceed Rs.100 per kg reduced from 8% to 0%
· Excise on ready to eat packaged food reduced from 16% to 8%, which is 50% reduction
· Excise Duty reduced from 8% to 0% on all kinds of food mixes including instant food mixes
· Excise duty on aerated drinks has been reduced from 24% to 16%
· Excise duty on meat, fish and poultry products reduced from 16% to 8%.
· Excise Duty on Reefer Vans (refrigerated motor vehicles) reduced from 16% to 8%.
· Excise duty on unbranded edible preparations of oil increased from nil to 8%.
Customs duty rates:
· Customs duty on food processing machinery and their parts is being reduced from 7.5% to 5% a, dairy machineries are completely exempted from Central Excise Duty.
· Custom duty on Packaging Machine to be reduced from 15% to 5%.
· Customs Duty on refrigerated vans reduced from 20% to 10%.
Income tax relief:
· Income Tax rebate is allowed, 100% of profits for 5 years and 25% of profits for the next 5 years, for new industries to process, preserve and package fruits and vegetables.